NorthMarq Investment Sales is seeking a highly-skilled and driven individual who is interested in joining one of the most active multifamily brokerage teams to manage the analysis of properties and financial underwriting for all assignments and exclusive engagements, while providing support to the production team on other key business initiatives.
The to-be-hired analyst will exclusively be part of the Tampa, FL team and will play a key role in the evaluation and marketing of all assignments and conduct submarket and property-level comparable research reports. The candidate must possess a passion for the commercial real estate industry, specifically multifamily investments, as they will obtain extensive exposure to multifamily assets and land development opportunities for multifamily product throughout Tampa and Southwest Florida, covering both private capital and institutional assets.
Individuals with prior Investment Banking or Private Equity experience (Real Estate or M&A) are encouraged to apply.
***All questions about this position, please contact Maria Sather in Human Resources with NorthMarq. A application is required to be considered***
- Preparation of Brokers Opinions of Value
- Underwrite income-producing assets using Excel software.
- Analyze historical operating statements, budgets, leases and loan agreements, as well as current market conditions in order to determine financial underwriting assumptions.
- Review, analyze, comprehend, abstract and interpret various types of real estate documents.
- Identify critical property level financial issues and recommend areas for value-add opportunities.
- Gather and track critical financial data points for research and negotiation purposes.
- Create evaluations of properties and sensitivity analyses.
- Strategize with team members and clients to generate creative alternatives.
- Ability to present results of analyses in a formal client setting to audiences with a wide range of financial acumen.
- Direct communication with Capital Markets professionals, property managers, asset managers and principals to clarify inconsistencies found during the underwriting process and address other property specific issues.
- Strong understanding of financial terms and principles necessary in real estate underwriting, including Discounted Cash Flow, IRR, NPV, Time Value of Money, Return on Equity, etc.
- Experience involving the valuation of income-producing properties is a plus.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret various types of real estate documents, including financial statements, loan documents, deed of trust, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to interact effectively and professionally with a wide variety of internal parties.
- Close attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Intermediate-level skills with Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments with changing priorities.
- Team player, strong work ethic and passion to work in the commercial real estate industry.
- Strong analytical skills, financial/math skills and a keen sense of numbers.
- Capital Markets
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years