Your role will include:
- Managing financial position of each asset. This includes: utilizing and developing tools to manage financial position; identifying, recommending, and implementing opportunities for improved performance and NOI; managing finances such as budget (with variances)/pro forma, and income statements; recommending monthly property distributions; forecasting future capital needs and source of funds; collaborating with finance to maintain consistent understanding of the overall portfolio value and how each property impacts the portfolio.
- Developing strategic plans for each property that measures performance against benchmarks previously established, setting goals and objectives for each year and updating business plans as needed.
- Collaborating with internal and external partners, ensuring each is effectively and successfully owning their part of the asset management process (property management, marketing/leasing, accounting, etc.).
- Managing internal and external Property Management firms, maintaining a thorough understanding of the principles and practices of real estate property management, including management planning and review, managing the physical asset, marketing/occupancy, tenant relations including tenant retention, support services, fiscal management, and risk management.
- Overseeing property marketing and leasing teams to effectively position the properties and fill vacancies. Maintaining thorough understanding of local market dynamics, brokerage community and market leasing activity and trends to proactively manage the assets.
- Maintaining and updating Argus and Excel models that accurately reflect existing leases and anticipated speculative leasing to track project performance and report on key project indicators.
- Monitoring the physical health of assets through the oversight of management, maintenance and capital improvements planning. Participating in capital planning, coordination of capital work and record-keeping on capital work carried out.
- Assisting in loan and debt reporting requirements and monthly reports to lenders.
- Working with our Sustainability officer to drive sustainable practices into the management of our properties and into the programming of every property.
- Collaborating with the investment and acquisitions teams, assisting in the due diligence and underwriting of potential acquisitions, and reviewing all writing of new acquisitions prior to final bid.
- Managing post-acquisition activities, ensuring the successful incorporation of asset into the firm’s ownership portfolio, including hiring and overseeing third-party management firm(s) for all properties.
- Overseeing the efficient and successful disposition transactions and sales, ensuring all key stakeholders are involved and aligned, and that all disposition activities are completed as needed.
If the following describes you, we want to hear from you:
- Thorough knowledge of financial concepts, with the ability to perform financial analysis including ROI, IRR and discounted cash flow modeling.
- High degree of business acumen, with knowledge in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the business and organization.
- Ability to oversee commercial leasing activities and to negotiate commercial leases.
- Ability to undertake detailed analyses and make pragmatic recommendations to senior leaders.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings (phone, in-person and email), with people of various backgrounds and levels both internally and externally, successfully getting key messages across that have the desired effect.
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and externally, finding common ground and solving problems for the good of all.
- Ability to be both direct and firm as well as diplomatic, skillfully negotiating conversations and decisions with both internal and external groups.
- Comfort around executive management, understanding how senior managers think and work, and using this to determine the best way to get things done.
- Ability to define, build and implement strategic business plans for each property.
- Thorough working knowledge of On-Site, Argus and Argus Enterprise, VTS and MS Office products, including extensive knowledge of Excel. Yard knowledge/experience helpful.
- Passion for sustainable building, development, renovation and management of properties is preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Undergraduate degree with a concentration in business, finance, accounting and/or real estate, or equivalent years of experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in real estate as an asset manager, with at least 3 years of proven experience in managing commercial assets. Particular preference for our markets: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle, Boston and/or Chicago.
- Experience managing a portfolio at least $500M in assets under management.
- Experience managing Class A multi-family assets in urban markets is a plus.
- Preference toward experience managing LEED Certified, Energy Star or Sustainable assets or experience implementing a green program within their portfolio.
As a pioneer in impact investing, Gerding Edlen Investment Management is a nationally recognized leader in real estate investment management, with over $1.5 B in assets under management. Our mission is to drive returns for our investors by innovating commercial real estate properties across the country to meet tenant values around sustainability, community and health. The firm acquires, manages and develops residential and commercial properties though institutional, co-mingled funds and separate accounts. All of our properties go beyond financial growth measurements to also measure the positive impact to people’s lives, to their neighborhoods and to the environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a full suite of benefits to eligible employees, including medical and dental insurance, 401k match, and subsidized parking and public transportation. If interested, submit your resume, and any additional information you you would like to include, via the link provided.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job