DIRECTOR of DEVELOPMENT & CONSTRUCTION
ABOUT DAKOTA PACIFIC REAL ESTATE
Dakota Pacific Real Estate (“DPRE”) is a Salt Lake City-based real estate investment and development company focused on unique commercial and multi-family residential opportunities in the Intermountain West and select surrounding markets. Founded in 2010, the company manages multiple discretionary funds and enjoys outstanding investor, joint-venture and banking relationships that have enabled the firm to become a highly respected real estate leader in its target markets. Company leadership is highly committed to growth by cultivating a best-in-class team that can unlock value both in the company’s existing portfolio and in future opportunities. We are seeking intelligent, driven individuals with uncompromising integrity who can help drive us toward our aggressive goals.
The Director of Development and Construction will lead the execution of multiple development projects that may encompass mixed-use, multifamily, industrial, office, and hospitality asset classes and product types. Reporting to the COO, this role requires experience executing and/or leading through the full lifecycle of the development process, from pre-development through stabilization. This person will serve as a “player/coach”, having both direct execution responsibility on certain projects as well as leadership and oversight responsibility on other projects, and will work closely with internal and external resources.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Managing multiple commercial and multi-family projects through all phases from pre-development through completion
- Identifying, selecting and negotiating contracts with key consultants including architects and general contractors
- Providing leadership on and obtaining buy-in for project design vision, aesthetics and functional elements
- Overseeing the securing of all necessary external approvals and entitlements by working with both internal resources and external consultants
- Leading internal and external project teams through pre-design and design phases as well as construction management and delivery
- Maintaining tight conformance with Investment Committee approved project budgets and timelines and providing ongoing internal status reporting
- Working with Asset Management team on any pre-leasing activities and hand-off of asset at completion
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 7+ years in real estate development, construction and entitlements along with an established track record of leading teams simultaneously across multiple projects and priorities. The individual should be highly organized and familiar with project management tools to ensure critical path items are well planned and transparent. The candidate will be a strong, vocal leader to manage contractors, architects, sub-contractors and other team members to maintain open communication and streamlined execution.
The position will be based at the company’s headquarters in Salt Lake City, UT and may involve regional travel. Compensation will be competitive and dependent upon experience.
- Hospitality / Entertainment
7+ to 10 years
Apply for this job