About The Company
Lotus Capital Partners (“Lotus”) is a New York based real estate capital adviser focused on real estate finance. Our focus is on arranging real estate debt and structured capital that is custom-tailored to meet our client’s real estate needs & restructuring advisory to real estate owners requiring loan restructuring and workout advisory with their existing lender. Our approach combines a deep appreciation for our clients’ real estate capital requirements, entrepreneurial thinking, and most importantly, an unwavering dedication to those we serve. Years of placing and lending debt have helped Lotus grow its client base and capital relationships to include some of the deepest capital markets institutions in the world.
Founded in 2016, Lotus has quickly become one of the fastest growing capital advisory firms in the United States. The Lotus team has arranged capital mandates across three countries and two continents, resulting in numerous record-breaking achievements with regard to lending terms. Lotus’ closed capital engagements are among the highest profile financings in their respective regions, including a $400 million construction loan in Boca Raton that won the 2018 REFI Multifamily “Deal of the Year” award and a $237 million condo-inventory loan in London that won PIE’s “Refinancing of the Year” at the European Property Awards in 2018. The firms access to capital is a result of over 20 years of placement and capital markets relationships with over 200 foreign and domestic capital sources.
Lotus is seeking an experienced Analyst to help us advise clients on their capital needs. The qualified candidate will support a team in (i) the execution of debt, mezzanine, and preferred equity raising mandates, and, (ii) loan restructuring and workout advisory assignments on large and complex capitalizations in the United States, Europe, and the Caribbean. The Analyst will have the opportunity to play a vital role in every stage of a transaction, including but not limited to; underwriting, diligence, preparation of offering memorandums, placement, closings, and client meetings and events. The role will provide the qualified candidate with great client exposure, deepen his/her capital markets relationships, and sharpen his/her analytical skill set all the while working on large and high-profile real estate transactions.
- Work within a small, intimate team in a fast-paced environment to help secure financing and equity mandates and participate across the entire arc of the deal winning process, including client identification, outreach, analytics, drafting presentation materials, relationship building and winning
- Conduct preliminary underwriting analysis and pre-screening of transactions to support the Lotus deal team in establishing an early view
- Prepare offering memorandums, including research and composition of narratives under the direction of senior leadership
- Responsibility over due diligence processes, running financial models and deal underwriting with a notable focus on hospitality, multifamily and residential real estate
- Must understand and be able review documents (leases, appraisals, etc.) to surface and identify potential concerns and solutions
- Assist in managing various processes including pitching, due diligence and placement. Remain in constant communication with the team, capital markets, and the client
- Participate heavily in the placement process including communication of the story, addressing lenders concerns, and closing.
- Begin to build a client network within the industry through meetings, events and involvement in real estate trade organizations
- Assist in managing the company’s client databases (including sourcing new information from resources such as Costar, DBRS, and STR)
- Support the Senior Leadership in general group wide initiatives
- Participate in ad-hoc office meetings to discuss deal flow, deal status, market conditions and review new client leads
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA with a concentration in real estate is preferred but not required.
- 1-3 years of experience in the CRE Debt and Equity Marketplace, preferably at an investment bank, buyside firm, or strong advisory firm (relevant intern experience will also be considered)
- Comprehensive real estate knowledge, with a focus on developmental real estate and debt will be valued
- Strong writing skills with the ability to communicate analytical and marketing data effectively in addition to complex real estate concepts and transactions
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills with the experience in creating sophisticated comprehensive offering memorandums with limited supervision and guidance
- Must be technically proficient in use of databases and be able to effectively identify what data from this system will be useful to determine trends and for preparation for pitches and meetings.
- Effectively break-down complex topics in presentations to a wide audience with no supervision or guidance
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated, team oriented, and strong time management skills to manage multiple projects and prioritize deadlines
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, quantitative, writing and communication skills, and ability to interface with clients including their top-level executives
- Competitive structure
- Healthcare / Benefits (401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, etc.)
- Brokerage / Sales
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Banking
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job