CAMBER PROPERTY GROUP
SENIOR ASSOCIATE/ASSOCIATE, ASSET MANAGEMENT
Rhodes Associates has been retained by Camber Property Group (“CPG”) to identify and recruit a Senior Associate/Associate for their Asset Management team. The successful candidate will manage a portfolio of affordable multifamily investments while being responsible for all asset management functions to optimize the performance of the portfolio and help create the appropriate strategy to ensure investment decisions are made that maximize returns/values consistent with the company’s goals and objectives. The position is based in New York City and will report to Andrew Dieckelman, the Director of Asset Management.
CPG is a multifamily real estate development and investment company, as well as an emerging leader in NYC mixed income and affordable housing development. They are widely regarded as an innovator and respected operator in the NYC affordable housing space committed to creating superior long term, risk-adjusted returns for investors while building strong economic assets for the communities in which they invest.
CPG’s principals, Rick Gropper and Andrew Moelis, have deep experience in the development, construction and ownership of affordable and mixed income multifamily housing throughout the New York metro area. CPG combines the latest technology with strong design principles to build and rehabilitate buildings that will operate sustainably and cost effectively to stand the test of time.
CPG is committed to bringing more high-quality living environments that are accessible to the residents of New York City and works in close partnership with city agencies and community organizations. The company currently owns in excess of 5,000 units of multifamily properties, predominately in the affordable housing space, and has a new construction portfolio of over 2,000 units.
- Analyze and closely monitor all elements of financial performance for the portfolio and to develop property specific plans and make necessary adjustments to ensure that the portfolio’s operations are being maximized.
- Maintain comprehensive oversight of existing operating assets, monitor NOI, cash flow, and direct the development of business plans and objectives, along with strategies for each asset’s operations and capital improvements. This includes operating statements, annual marketing and capital plans, forecasts, performance reports, and timelines on a range of special projects.
- Oversee the implementation and compliance of quarterly and annual budgeting processes, including project-specific budgets, draw schedules, and budget estimations.
- Hire, direct, and supervise third-party management; oversee leasing/marketing teams.
- Communicate frequently with the asset’s property managers to understand property operations, tenant matters and anticipated budget deviations.
- Conduct frequent site inspections and monitor competition and market conditions; develop, recommend, and implement value-add action plans, capital improvement and renovation programs, property maintenance, competitive positioning or market re-positioning.
- Manage the execution of the asset’s investment strategy through sale recommendations, refinancing strategies, or other re-capitalizations; coordinate asset dispositions and execute refinances within the portfolio working alongside various company functions including the development team, design and construction, accounting, investor reporting, and capital markets.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all factors affecting markets and submarkets associated with assets in the portfolio.
- Develop hold/sell recommendations in accordance with investment objectives and market conditions.
- Review third-party reports, conduct market analysis and research, and work in partnership with the development team project manager in all elements of due diligence for the acquisitions and closing processes.
- Oversee compliance with investor and venture operating agreements and guidelines, management agreements, property purchase agreements, and loan documentation.
- Coordinate resolution of insurance and legal matters associated with the property, lenders, and/or investments in partnership with our insurance broker and third-party consultants. Collaborate with counsel on contracts and various documents.
- Monitor lease administration, tenant renewals, and operational requirements. Interface with tenant representatives as necessary.
- 4-7 years of relevant asset management experience with NYC multifamily properties.
- Knowledge of affordable housing landscape, regulatory agreements, and financing, with an in-depth understanding of property operations, NYC rent regulations, leasing, and financial reporting.
- Strong financial analysis skills and demonstrated ability to analyze corresponding risks.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a varied and constantly changing workload in a fast paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- High degree of personal and professional integrity.
- Self-starter who is able to identify project priorities. Highly organized regarding day-to-day issues and priorities, as well as longer term planning and execution.
- Creative and strategic thinker with a strong intellect and outstanding professional carriage/personal presentation.
- Ownership mentality, control costs in the most effective manner possible.
- Articulate, decisive, and effective communicator with a both internal and external executives, professionals, investors, and bankers.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex documents and respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries, and to negotiate and interface with a diverse population. Excellent quantitative, analytical, and communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of information technology systems and processes.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager and RealPage AIM is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required; major in engineering, business administration, finance, or real estate is a plus.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job