We are seeking an entry-level analyst to provide dedicated support to a high-performing Residential and Commercial mortgage finance team within the Real Estate Finance division at a premier global investment bank in New York City. The team currently provides warehouse lending facilities to many of the largest independent mortgage banks across the US.
As a member of the REF Mortgage Finance team you will play an integral role in supporting the daily operation of the business and providing assistance to senior account managers in the origination and asset management of new and existing warehouse facilities. You will also be responsible for contributing to due diligence reviews, evaluating counterparty risk, and performing related oversight and monitoring to ensure on-going compliance with facility documentation, and other internal/external requirements.
• Review individual company performance and analyze how industry trends, competitive dynamics, and macroeconomic events affect clients and prospects
• Complete comprehensive facility approval requirements for new credit facilities, amendments, and renewals
• Ensure compliance with internal bank credit policy and external regulatory requirements
• Analyze and interpret basic financial reports including balance sheets and income statements to ensure compliance with facility terms and identify financial trends
• Participate in counterparty due diligence to review origination practices, underwriting guidelines, secondary marketing practices, financial management, loan servicing, and legal/regulatory compliance and prepare Credit memos for new Committee approvals and renewals
• Assist in the preparation of daily, weekly and monthly management reporting
• 1-3 years in a financial services or banking role with experience evaluating counterparty risk
• Excellent financial and analytical skills
• Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task and complete priorities efficiently and accurately with minimal supervision
• Superb oral and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with clients, managers, peers and other internal banking teams
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills; proficient with Word and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of the residential mortgage lending business and/or structured finance is preferred but not required
SitusAMC is the leading provider of consulting, outsourcing, talent and technology solutions, supporting institutional lenders and investors, across the life cycle of commercial and residential real estate debt and equity. The firm employs more than 3,300 employees with offices in 27 markets across the U.S., Europe and APAC.
SitusAMC brings together the industry’s top talent, unparalleled platform and innovative technologies to help clients optimize returns, identify risk, transform processes and infrastructure, and ultimately, realize opportunities in their businesses.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify
- Financial Analysis
- Due Diligence
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job