Our Client, Citi Community Capital (“CCC”), originates, underwrites and closes construction and permanent loans that are used to finance the new construction, rehabilitation and preservation of affordable and workforce rental housing. CCC is the community lending and investing arm of Citigroup, housed in the Global Spread Products Group of Citi’s Institutional Clients Group. Unique among its peers, CCC provides a comprehensive array of financial products from investment banking to lending and equity investment designed to improve neighborhoods, create jobs, or improve the health care services or educational opportunities available to the communities we serve as well as contribute toward Citigroup’s Community Reinvestment Act performance.
CCC works with for-profit and non-profit developers, as well as state and local government agencies on both straightforward and highly structured transactions that may use a combination of taxable and tax-exempt loans or bonds, Low Income Housing Tax Credit (“LIHTC”) equity, and governmental and private subsidies. CCC is a balance-sheet construction lender and a permanent lender, a Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage banker, and principal in unique equity investments.
CCC works throughout the country and, according to Affordable Housing Finance Magazine, has been the #1 affordable housing lender in the United States for 11 of the past 12 years. This success is due in large part to having the strongest and most innovative team of professionals in the industry. Citi’s team of experienced professionals, coupled with its capital-committing capability, is able to provide creative financing solutions that are specifically designed to meet each client’s needs. CCC closed over 200 transactions in 2020.
CCC is seeking an Analyst to join its debt underwriting team to provide analytical and overall transactional support for the underwriting and closing of construction and permanent loans for affordable multifamily housing projects.
The position will be based in CCC’s office and can be in various locations such as Nashville, Los Angeles, New York, Denver, Houston. Training (4-6 weeks) will occur in Nashville, TN or may be conducted remotely.
- Assist underwriters to engage, track and/or review project related due-diligence and third-party documents (such as appraisal, engineering, zoning, insurance, environmental)
- Conduct physical site inspections
- Input transaction related financial data to CCC’s underwriting models (including but not limited to project rent roll, historical operating data, construction budgets, Guarantor’/Sponsor financials), analyze project feasibility and assist underwriters in the preparation of credit packages for loan committee approval
- Process loan approvals in Citibank’s Credit Risk Approval System and complete all post-closing documentation
- Support underwriting team throughout the lifecycle of transaction(s) via active participation in deal team calls and otherwise coordinating bank and deal specific underwriting and closing requirements, across internal and external constituents.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree with emphasis in real estate, business or economics
- Experience preferred in real estate or multifamily lending/investment (1+ year) or familiarity with financial principles commonly used in Real Estate Finance/Lending (e.g. time value of money, income/cost approach to value, mortgage payment/amortization, etc.)
- Demonstrated quantitative analysis and spreadsheet skills
- Demonstrated understanding of basic financial statements
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized individual able to manage multiple assignments at once
- A writing sample may be requested
- Position requires flexible work hours
SitusAMC is the leading provider of consulting, outsourcing, talent and technology solutions, supporting institutional lenders and investors, across the life cycle of commercial and residential real estate debt and equity. The firm employs more than 3,300 employees with offices in 27 markets across the U.S., Europe and APAC.
SitusAMC brings together the industry’s top talent, unparalleled platform and innovative technologies to help clients optimize returns, identify risk, transform processes and infrastructure, and ultimately, realize opportunities in their businesses.
SitusAMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify
- Due Diligence
Less than 1 year
Apply for this job