Our client is an investment management company with an open-end fund that focuses on investing primarily in US based commercial real estate debt. They are looking for an experienced underwriter for their Greenwich, CT office. The candidate will take deals from initial inquiry to closing and will be responsible for all aspects of loan analysis including property level due diligence, site inspections, cash flow modeling, preparation of credit committee memo and closing of commercial real estate loans for all major property types across the US. The firm invests in fixed and floating rate loans for all major asset classes (multifamily, office, mixed-use, industrial, hotel & retail). In addition, candidate must be experienced in modeling and underwriting multifamily construction loans.
Sample responsibilities include:
- Real estate loan origination – strong interpersonal skills to maintain, solidify and grow front end relationships with borrowers, brokers and banks. Candidates must have desire and strong ability to grow relationships nationwide
- Preparation of presentations and memoranda evaluating investment merits and risks, market dynamics, and projected investment returns
- Conduct underwriting, due diligence, financial modeling, valuation and credit analysis, including conversations with local brokers in the market to verify market data
- Present potential transactions to senior management discussing structural issues and pricing strategy
- Prepare quote sheets and loan applications and negotiated terms and structure with Borrowers
- Manage transactions and work closely with third-parties involved in diligence to ensure proper underwriting procedures are followed. Review and analyze third party reports including appraisal, engineering, environmental, seismic and credit reports to ensure loan compliance and identify underwriting risks
- Interface with borrowers to compile required data and information, and resolve diligence related issues while mitigating risks
- Analyze operating history and financial statements submitted by borrowers. Conduct Borrower/Sponsor credit review and analysis
- Perform site inspections
- Develop internal deal memos for credit committee review
- Assist asset management team with data collection, model updating and communication with borrowers on closed deals
- Work on adhoc tasks with senior management
Desired skills & experience:
- 3-5 yrs. Commercial Real Estate underwriting experience
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Strong excel and modeling skills (all models are created from scratch)
- Strong willingness to pick up the phone and communicate with others verbally. Strong listener and ability to ask questions in order to build relationships and learn how to improve terms to effectively pursue transactions.
- Strong work ethic and ability to interface with senior management
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and deals
- Proven ability to run a deal independently and also work as a team
- Skill at working under tight deadlines and high pressure
SitusAMC is the leading provider of consulting, outsourcing, talent and technology solutions, supporting institutional lenders and investors, across the life cycle of commercial and residential real estate debt and equity. The firm employs more than 3,300 employees with offices in 27 markets across the U.S., Europe and APAC.
SitusAMC brings together the industry’s top talent, unparalleled platform and innovative technologies to help clients optimize returns, identify risk, transform processes and infrastructure, and ultimately, realize opportunities in their businesses.
SitusAMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify
- Financial Analysis
- Due Diligence
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job