Arcapita is looking to hire a pre-MBA Investment Management Associate to join its North American real estate investment team, based in Atlanta, GA. Arcapita is a global investment firm focused on commercial real estate and middle-market private equity transactions, with offices in Atlanta, Bahrain, London, and Singapore. We target real estate investments in the industrial and logistics, and rental housing sectors. Arcapita’s flexible investment mandate and hold period allow for creative structuring solutions and the ability to invest directly or in partnership.
The Associate will support the real estate investment team in evaluating new investment opportunities and managing the existing portfolio. The Associate will participate in all transaction functions and portfolio management activities, function as an integral part of a close-knit group of investment professionals, take the lead in financial modeling and industry research, play a key role in the underlying analysis of investment decisions, and assist senior professionals in structuring and negotiating prospective investments.
- Financial modeling, analysis, and valuation
- Market and industry research
- Investment diligence
- Prepare presentation materials for internal and external use
- Interact with lenders
- Assist portfolio operations
- BA/BS degree with strong undergraduate academic performance (degree in finance, economics, real estate, or related discipline preferred)
- Minimum of two years’ experience in investment banking, private equity, consulting, or real estate
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.); proficiency in Argus is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in financial modeling, analysis, and research in transactional situations
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills (exposure to/experience with legal documentation and due diligence in a transactional environment is preferred)
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Energetic self-starter with experience working effectively as part of a small team and independently
- Candidate will have a significant desire to learn and grow within the real estate industry
Start date is flexible, with a preference for candidates who can start in H1 2022. The pre-MBA Associate will be expected to commit for a minimum of two years. Strong performers will be considered for a third year and advancement within the firm.
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job