MARKET RESEARCH ANALYST
Dilweg - Durham, NC
About Dilweg: Dilweg is a growing commercial real estate investment firm that consistently generates risk-adjusted returns for investors by resourcefully uncovering unique opportunities and intently focusing on result-centric execution. With offices in Durham, Atlanta, Charlotte, and Tampa, Dilweg is a full-service real estate organization, whose mission is to deliver long-term value to its investors, tenants, and the community. Since its beginnings in 1999, the firm has acquired more than $1.34 billion in asset value and more than 11.1 million square feet throughout the Southeast, establishing itself as a high-quality investor and operator of opportunistic and value-added, middle-market ($15 million to $100 million) office assets. Dilweg is a forward-looking company focused on the future of commercial real estate.
Dilweg is seeking a Market Research Analyst to join our growing team in Durham. The Market Research Analyst will research and analyze commercial real estate market information and economic data and communicate the findings to a variety of audiences. The role will be part of Dilweg’s Market Research department and will primarily support Dilweg’s Acquisitions department as it seeks to identify and acquire office buildings in key markets throughout the southern United States. The Market Research Analyst will also support Dilweg’s Leadership Team, Capital Markets department, Asset Enhancement department, and Finance department. This role is a great opportunity to broaden your knowledge of the commercial real estate industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To work with the Director of Market Research in supplying all relevant market and economic information to Dilweg’s Leadership Team, Acquisitions department, Capital Markets department, Asset Enhancement department, and Finance department. Specific tasks may include:
- Gathering, analyzing, and reporting on office market data.
- Analyzing and reporting on asset performance.
- Producing investment memoranda for internal and external audiences for potential acquisitions.
- Tracking relevant sale transactions.
- Providing market leasing assumptions and development insights for Asset Enhancement efforts.
- Tracking, analyzing, and documenting economic indicators.
- Identifying commercial real estate trends.
- Researching and reporting on topics of interest to Dilweg leadership team.
- Presenting relevant information and findings to internal audiences.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, real estate, or comparable field.
- A demonstrated interest in commercial real estate. One to two years relevant experience is preferred.
Experience with and a demonstrated ability to:
- Communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Produce clear, concise data.
- Relate effectively to a wide variety of professionals including internal team members, investors, lenders, brokers, and analysts.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Proficient in the use of CoStar.
- Argus experience is a plus.
Other expected attributes include:
- General knowledge of economics and commercial real estate industry.
- Critical thinker.
- Results oriented.
- Attention to detail.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Team oriented.
Background check and drug screen required.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, 11 holidays per year, accrued vacation and sick time.
- Opportunity for career advancement.
- We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Research/Market Analysis
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job