Due Diligence Manager
Industrial Outdoor Ventures (“IOV”) is a Chicago based real estate investment and development company that specializes in providing real estate solutions for critical supply chain infrastructure and heavier industrial users in major markets throughout the United States. IOV is focused on creating value for its tenants and investors through the acquisition, and long-term ownership of mission critical Industrial Service Facilities (“ISF”), which feature a significant outdoor storage component. Industrial Outdoor Ventures is owned and capitalized by the management team and a private, institutional investor.
IOV is a fast-paced, dynamic, real estate investment company with aggressive plans to acquire, develop and redevelop $100-$200M of assets annually. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for business execution, insisting on the highest standards.
The Due Diligence Manager will be the point person for all items related to the due diligence process for acquisitions, dispositions, and onboarding of new assignments within IOV’s portfolio. This role will report directly to the SVP of Development and Acquisitions. You’ll work directly alongside our internal acquisition’s teams, asset management, construction, legal teams, as well as third-party counterparts, vendors, and brokers. As the primary contact, this role will have constant interaction with our joint venture partners.
This role will be based in the IOV main headquarters’ office.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage the due diligence process alongside the acquisition’s teams on all new acquisitions as well as existing assets within the portfolio
- Track and manage all components of the deal from start to finish including post-closing obligations
- Order and manage all third-party reports (PCA, Ph 1, Ph 2, Asbestos, Appraisal, PZR, lease abstracts, Geotech, etc.)
- Assist in the preparation of comprehensive investment committee memos
- Present due diligence findings to IOV’s internal team
- 75% travel required
- 5+ years of current or recent experience within commercial real estate
- BS/BA in Business or related field
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with expert knowledge of excel
- Detail oriented and will be required to “get into the weeds” on each new deal
- Good communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal, reading and writing skills necessary to communicate effectively with businesspeople by telephone, in-person, and written format
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with strong project management and time management skill sets
- Independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload
IOV offers competitive salaries and a robust benefits program which includes:
- Medical and dental plan
- Healthcare Savings Account (HSA)
- 401 (k) savings plan, employer match
- PTO and Holiday pay
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of IOV. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. IOV remains an “At-Will” employer. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Industrial Outdoor Ventures is committed to a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.
- Due Diligence
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job