CoStar delivers real-time, verified commercial real estate data that helps clients confidently spot great opportunities and make smart choices ahead of competitors. By combining the power of CoStar's independent research organization - the industry's largest - with global data delivery, software, and application solutions, clients can act on opportunities with confidence.
At CoStar Group, our finance group centralizes transaction processes, providing accurate reporting, financial resolutions, and proper forecasting analysis. Joining the team offers access to financial specializations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash and asset management, client contracts and billing, and revenue recognition.
The Accounting Manager will be primarily responsible for leading the monthly close process, specializing in areas such as employee compensation, marketing, leases and other expenses, including the review of (i) monthly journal entries, (ii) account reconciliations, and (iii) variance analyses related to the monthly results. This position will help to streamline our existing close process and find efficiencies to reduce the amount of time to close and further accelerate the time in which it takes to provide financial results to management. The Accounting Manager will also work with the Financial Planning and Analysis team and meet with various other departments to understand fluctuations from budget and forecast to assist in the monthly close process. This position will also work directly with external auditors in facilitating the quarterly reviews and year-end audits as well as assisting in the implementation of an accounting Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Other responsibilities for this position may include (i) assisting in due diligence and purchase accounting procedures for acquisitions, (ii) assisting in the research of technical accounting matters, and (iii) preparation of technical accounting memos on issues relevant to CoStar.
The Accounting Manager should have an in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles ("GAAP"), strong project management, time management and organizational skills; strong work ethic; strong ability to research, assess the impact and document technical accounting issues; and the ability to work independently and collaboratively. The Accounting Manager should also be highly adaptable to change due to Costar's rapid growth via organic growth and acquisitions.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the monthly close, including review of monthly journal entries and supporting schedules and analysis of monthly financial results
- Assist with special projects within department or as part of cross-functional teams
- Research technical accounting issues
- Work with external auditors and facilitate successful completion of the annual audit including compliance with internal controls
- B.A in Accounting
- 6-8 years of experience working in a large international public company with primary experience involved in GL close functions
- Experience managing staff
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Strong leadership, project management, and communication skills
- Ability to think critically and analyze data effectively
- Ability to work effectively leading and within a team to complete projects
- Experience with Oracle Cloud ERP
- Experience working in a Big 4 or other regional public accounting firm
- Licensed CPA
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched ins ight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segway's and bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
This job is no longer active.