This dynamic position will actively participate in the due diligence, closing, post-closing and servicing aspects of a national commercial real estate mortgage and investments portfolio. Primary responsibilities include due diligence analysis, facilitating the closing process, evaluating servicing requests, portfolio monitoring and reporting. In addition to interacting with brokers, borrowers, servicers, attorneys, and consultants, this high visibility role provides exposure to senior levels of management and the opportunity to work collaboratively with the commercial mortgage team at CNA and its parent company Loews on all phases of the lending process. The commercial real estate mortgage and investments portfolio is a growing part of CNA’s $45 billion investment portfolio.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively work with the team to close commercial real estate loans by coordinating the closing process with all internal and external parties, including brokers, borrowers, attorneys and the origination team.
- Maintain the loan closing checklists and confirm that all closing conditions have been met.
- Analyze and evaluate property, Borrower and Guarantor level due diligence information to identify potential concerns and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Review appraisal, environmental, property condition and other third-party reports.
- Work with in-house and outside counsel on the review of transaction financing documents.
- Write the investment committee memorandum for new transactions.
- Regularly interface with third party loan servicing correspondents:
- Review and respond to ad-hoc Borrower requests,.
- Recommend and present lease approval, reserve release and other servicing requests for approval.
- Participate in the monitoring of the commercial real estate loan portfolio:
- Prepare internal reporting
- Assist on loan assumptions and modifications.
- Review the annual property financial reviews and inspections and identify potential issues.
- Transmit loan information to the loan servicers and internal accounting to support accurate servicing and reporting of loans.
- May be required to work varying schedules depending on business needs.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Manager or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Professional experience through work in commercial real estate as a commercial mortgage servicer, loan closer or other hands-on relevant experience preferred.
- Knowledge of real estate finance and market fundamentals and valuation principles.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve moderately complex situations and issues.
- Must be results oriented with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external individuals.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in real estate, finance, or related field
- Typically a minimum one to five years of related experience.
Apply for this job