The Acquisitions Associate/Analyst will utilize their core financial and analytical skills to assist with screening investment opportunities, while performing underwriting activities. Furthermore, the Analyst will also support the VP of Acquisitions to evaluate and close new acquisition opportunities in CRC’s target markets.
***Our main office is located in Baltimore and we have an Acquisitions office in NYC, however hybrid schedules available and/or remote telework option considered. COVID-19 vaccination required, unless legitimate medical or religious exemption applies.***
- Critical and in-depth underwriting efforts focused on analyzing historical operations, creating key assumptions for projections, establishing valuation, and constructing sensitivity tables for scenario analysis
- Gather and evaluate economic, demographic and real estate market data and summarize information to support underwriting assumptions
- Analyze and evaluate rent rolls and operating statements of properties
- Leverage fully integrated team to collaborate on underwriting assumptions for operating expenses, capital improvements and financing
- Creating detailed market survey reports focused on the effective rents and amenities at comparable properties
Investment Committee Materials:
- Create frequent Investment Committee materials including executive summary for potential acquisitions to note investment highlights, market information, demographics, ownership strategy, projected debt and operating results
- Monitor information for the due diligence process for potential acquisitions
- Attend weekly internal diligence meetings and, at times, correspond with third-party consultants
- Post-closing, participates as part of a member of transition team to transfer asset level responsibilities to Asset Management and Operations and documents critical information
Monitor of Markets for Trends:
- Create a weekly deal pipeline report
- Execute confidentiality agreements for all new deal opportunity and maintain files in SharePoint and ShareFile
- Maintain database of deal tracking notes and relationship contacts in Salesforce
- Maintain database on sale transactions
- Begin to establish deep peer-level relationships with investment sales professionals and owner/operators
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-4 years of work experience with proven real estate experience and a good understanding of U.S. real estate markets (multifamily experience preferred) within real estate private equity, real estate banking, and operating company.
- Proven analytical skills and working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of financial statements, cash flow analysis, and financial modeling.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments while focusing on attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and with colleagues as part of a team, independently plan, organize, and prioritize work.
- Strong communications skills with the ability to use both written and oral communication to gain internal support and enthusiasm for initiatives and to create thought-provoking material
Voted a Top Workplace for the past 9 years in a row, we provide continuous learning and development opportunities for our Team Members.
Apply for this job