United Growth was founded in 1986 and specializes in national necessity retail real estate development and investment. The firm has a proven track record of successfully executing development and redevelopment projects across the United States. United Growth launched its private equity fund series in 2015 and is rapidly growing its portfolio. The firm is currently investing its second fund and has begun marketing its third fund. United Growth is directed by a management team with diversified real estate experience (including significant experience with prominent real estate investment institutions) in the acquisition, re-positioning, development, construction, leasing, financing, and operators of retail property.
The Portfolio Manager will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area (San Rafael, CA -in person) and will report directly to the CEO. This person will have portfolio management and investor relations responsibilities over a comingled fund series focused on develop-to-core and value-add net leased retail properties across the United States.
The successful candidate will have strong financial and writing skills. This position will oversee the operations of the funds, accounting, fundraising placement agent, and investor relations.
- Manage all aspects of a portfolio including asset weighting, investment performance monitoring, and approval of annual budgets.
- Assist and present in capital raise efforts.
- Direct and monitor the ongoing execution of the property-level business plans by working closely with Asset Management.
- Facilitate reporting process to ensure accurate and timely reporting by all responsible parties, including monthly and quarterly reports.
- Manage the preparation of client capital calls.
- Manage investor requests, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Provide portfolio analytics related to new acquisitions, valuations, capital expenditures, financing strategies, and disposition timing.
- Develop annual business plans, at the fund level, to achieve investment strategies that are consistent with client objectives.
- Oversee and create as necessary, portfolio-level reports to manage or analyze portfolio performance, diversification, risk, etc.
- Review accounting-prepared waterfalls to ensure compliance with partnership documents.
- Monitor and evaluate property level performance and travel to inspect assets.
- Provide leadership and support the development of the asset management team.
- Bachelor's degree in real estate, accounting, finance or other business-related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Ten years of related real estate experience preferably in one or more of the following disciplines: Asset Management, Portfolio/Fund Management, Acquisitions.
- Solid practical understanding of real estate investment concepts.
- General business-school level of accounting understanding (balance sheet, income statement, variance analysis).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to articulate investment strategy via investor presentations.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proactive; act with a sense of urgency with internal and client requests.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a team-oriented environment.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume.
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.