Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B), is a multi-strategy, real estate focused, alternative asset management company comprised of two rapidly growing verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family Rental. Launched in 2011, Quarterra Multifamily, previously known as LMC, is among the nation's most active developers, builders, and managers and has been on the National Multi-Housing Council’s (NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years. Quarterra Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals, couples, and families who prefer to rent over home ownership the opportunity to live in exceptional neighborhoods with great amenities. For additional information, please visit Quarterra.com.
Summary of Position:
The Superintendent is instrumental in assisting the Project Manager in overseeing the construction process. They are responsible under limited supervision for all administrative assistance, coordinating material deliveries and overseeing the daily subcontractor work assigned by the Project Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure and initiate quality control and inspection approval from the municipal court and/or governing authorities.
- Perform daily inspection of community and conduct weekly safety meetings.
- Design a two-week schedule for subcontractors/suppliers.
- Develop and deliver progress reports for Project Manager.
- Lead and monitor subcontractor’s work in compliance with the Company’s safety program.
- Correct any deficient workmanship and sub-standard work.
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager regarding the workload of the field associates at the community to achieve the desired results.
- Mentor and train construction associates in the policies, procedures, systems, and technical construction means and methods used by the Company.
- Advise in the hiring process.
- Maintain all construction documents:(lot files, trade associate files and plan rack) at the job site so that all pertinent information is readily available.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required, Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred.
- Experience in multifamily construction is required.
- 4 - 6 years prior related construction work experience.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of multifamily trades, ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with construction related tools such as tape measure, construction level, calculator, etc.
- Some of our projects or locations might require specialized job knowledge or experience.
This is a position which requires the Superintendent to frequently walk, stand and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models, and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Quarterra Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prides itself on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, pregnancy or related condition, protected status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Quarterra Group believes diversity and inclusion among our Associates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.