Position: Acquisitions & Capital Markets Associate
Company: United Growth
Location: San Rafael, California - SF Bay Area
In Office 4 Days a Week
We are seeking an associate who will work full time on the Acquisitions and Capital Markets
team. This is a qualitative and quantitative position, strong interpersonal, math and written skills
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Underwrite development acquisitions nationwide.
• Speak with cities about zoning, land use and required approvals.
• Draft purchase Letters of Intent and assist review and negotiation of Purchase and Sale
• Prepare financing decks for prospective lenders, review term sheets and loan documents and
• Monitor PSA deadlines and communicate such dates to the Company in a timely manner,
including maintaining the project management software.
• Run due diligence on development and value add acquisitions, including reading and
abstracting leases and declarations of record, reviewing historical financials against pro
forma, managing third party vendors and report review.
• Coordinate acquisition underwriting and due diligence with internal development and leasing
• Manage acquisition and loan closings, settlement statements, document signings, title/escrow,
and pro rations.
• Monitor loan reporting requirements, maturities, and other loan covenants.
• Maintain reports, records, listings and comparables.
• Research markets areas.
• Review and analyze tenant credit based on financials.
Skills and Competencies:
• All candidates must have a BA or BS degree from an accredited institution, with preferred
degrees in real estate, finance, business, accounting, economics or related area.
• 3-7 years of real estate finance and investment experience, preferably retail shopping centers
and development, and high proficiency in financial modeling or a similar field is
• Proven analytical skills and working knowledge in Microsoft Office especially Excel.
• Experience with Argus Enterprise is preferred.
• Effective writing skills and ability to synthesize information, as well as verbal
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Travel may be required.
• Ability to function both in a team-oriented setting and independently.
• Strong sense of personal motivation, responsibility and entrepreneurship.
• An extensive understanding of financial and commercial real estate concepts.
• Adept at learning new programs - the position requires one to learn a variety of real estate
related software applications. (DealPath, Costar, Yardi, PayScan etc.)
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job