POSITION SUMMARY & REQUIREMENTS
Avistone, a fast-growing commercial real estate investment/property management firm, is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Accounting Manager who will assume hands-on responsibility for all property accounting related to our growing national portfolio of stabilized and cash flowing commercial properties. The Accounting Manager must be able to work with a high degree of independence in performing accounting and financial activities for the company by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting financial information as well as managing staff.
This role is responsible for all areas relating to property accounting and financial reporting. The Accounting Manager will oversee a property accounting staff of four (4) and their daily, weekly, and monthly accounting tasks, and is expected to make recommendations for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. This position must meet tight deadlines be responsible for a multitude of accounting activities.
This position will be located at our regional office in Norcross, GA.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Oversees day-to-day accounting operations of commercial property buildings.
- Oversees month end and quarter end close for each respective property.
- Reviews monthly Balance Sheets, Income Statements, and Cash Flows per property to verify account balances and reasonable revenue and expense amounts.
- Assists with forecasts and annual budgets as well as provide detailed explanations of deviations from budget based on specific materiality thresholds.
- Compiles financial statements for joint ventures and lenders.
- Oversees and ensures that all property and tenant lease input information is up to date and correct.
- Reviews CAM reconciliations and assists in the set-up of CAMs in MRI
- Assist in annual audits. Ensures reports/documents are forwarded to Auditor/CPA and maintains applicable documentation.
- Oversees processing of monthly fees including property management, leasing commissions, accounting, and construction management.
- Supports financial activity for all property sales, including preparation of final operating statements, funds distribution, GST reconciliation, closing of bank accounts, and any other relevant closing duties.
- Maintains a full understanding of all property specific processes and upkeep of pertinent information relating to specific properties.
Provides input/feedback for improving processes, procedures related to above duties and responsibilities, and initiating quality and efficiency enhancements.
Knowledge and Skills:
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting. They will have experience in MRI or Yardi accounting software and be a self-starter who is capable of independent problem solving and proactive execution of assigned tasks. They should be comfortable moving between various tasks and confident in their ability to attack new challenges head on.
The candidate will have the following skills and background:
- Extensive experience with MRI property accounting software.
- Experience with accounting for industrial, commercial and/or retail real estate is required.
- Strong proficiencies with Microsoft Office applications including intermediate to advanced level in Excel.
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing a team.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn fast and work independently or as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- Sound knowledge of bookkeeping theories, practices, and accepted office procedures; knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of the real estate transaction processes, including review of contracts.
- Job Type: Full time
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, vision care insurance package
- Paid sick, holiday and vacation time
- Accounting / Control
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job