A fast-paced and rapidly-growing boutique real estate firm is seeking a well-rounded Sr. Development Manager for a leadership position in our national development and construction management practice, which is focused on government and corporate leased projects (often build-to-suits) and currently has over $250 million of projects in its active pipeline.. Based in either our Arlington, VA office or Los Angeles, CA office and reporting directly to the lead Development Principal, this position will have high-level management responsibilities in the delivery and sourcing of development projects around the country. The ideal candidate will have 10 years of prior and comparable industry experience; a minimum of 7 years with a commercial real estate development firm. It is essential that the individual is extremely proactive, detail oriented, highly capable of managing multiple projects effectively and enjoys working in a collegial team environment.
• Provide project management leadership and oversight to a development project and/or a series of projects
• Create and update pro forma financials for development projects
• Provide technical guidance & information for all aspects of project team activities (design, financing, construction, scheduling, and delivery)
• Independently manage project teams including architects, engineers, general contractors & subcontracted consultants responsible for developing project scope, budgets, schedules and to establish priorities
• Maintain satisfactory relationships w/ partners, tenants, brokers, contractors, subcontractors, lenders, etc.
• Leadership in the overall direction, administration, and completion of a project
• Prepare presentations and proposals in response to requests for qualifications/proposals
• Review and analyze zoning information, contract documents, financial reports, and other items as part of due diligence process, deal negotiations, and closings
• Interest in an entrepreneurial and growing business environment
• 7-10 years minimum real estate construction/development experience
o Minimum of 7 years in development
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in construction management, finance, real estate and/or
• Sound technical knowledge of principles of architecture, engineering, construction,
development, and/or finance
• Strong financial/analytical skills
• Commitment to detail, efficiency and organization
• Independent worker and team player
• Willingness to travel
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong efficiency in Microsoft Excel
FD Stonewater is a boutique real estate advisory & brokerage, development and investment firm headquartered in Arlington, Virginia with west coast offices in Los Angeles and Newport, CA. The firm has a track record of more than $10 billion in investment and acquisitions and over 40 million square feet of lease transactions, to offer a fully-integrated, national real estate platform. Currently, FD Stonewater’s development team has over $250 million of projects underway. Current primary investment strategies include, new federal government leased developments along with single tenant corporate opportunistic and multi-tenant value-add acquisitions. The third-party services platforms of the company provide brokerage, construction management and advisory/asset management services to clients nationally.