Vice President of Property Management
Compass Commercial Asset & Property Management
Location: Bend, Oregon
Salary: Dependent on experience
Type: Full Time - Experienced
Category: Asset/Property Management
Required Designation: CPM®
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Central Oregon's leading commercial property management firm is searching for a V.P. Property Management, a key member of the Compass Commercial Real Estate Services an AMO® organization. The V.P Property Management shall supervise the Property Management and Facility Maintenance team overseeing all operational aspects of a third-party management portfolio of office, retail and industrial properties of varying sizes within the Central Oregon region.
Shall possess strong knowledge of building and mechanical systems with construction or tenant improvement background, solid in bidding, negotiating and managing vendor contracts, adhere to IREM best management practices important to maintaining the physical asset, effectively market properties, and effectively manage portfolios to sustain and/or increase profitability and value, performing in a manner that contribute to client retention. Provide leadership, direction and support to assigned staff and other team members striving for property management excellence in a cooperative team environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Including but not limited to:
- Ensures that the Company adheres to the following industry guidelines as developed by the Institute of Real Estate Management (“IREM”):
- AMO® Code of Professional Ethics
- AMO® Standards and Functions in Servicing Clients and Managing Properties
- IREM® Best Practices: Real Estate Management Service
- Assists in the development and implementation of the company’s strategic plan.
- Develops Departmental goals and objectives and implements measures to ensure successful achievement.
- Leads a team of Regional Property Managers, Assistant Property Managers, administrative and facility maintenance personnel in accordance with the company’s core values and a collaborative culture of excellence.
- Runs a property management department including departmental budgeting and cost control.
- Attracts, hires, mentors and leads a highly capable team comprised of employees and third-party vendors to successfully implement each property’s business plan.
- Establishes and maintains policies and procedures in accordance with industry best practices.
- Manages return on investment in the department with a thorough understanding of property management income including; management, leasing, property sales, construction and other ancillary fees and related operating expenses.
- Actively generates new business accounts individually and collaboratively.
- Works side by side in a cooperative nature with real estate Brokers assigned to assets under management.
- Oversees the development and successful implementation of all third-party management plans in order to accomplish the goals and objectives of each third-party property owner.
- Builds and maintains strong client relations by providing thorough, timely and accurate communications of budgets, financial reports and property issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess a thorough knowledge of property management operations and able to hold the leadership position of Executive CPM® within the Company.
- Effective team skills as a player and in management and leadership of a team.
- Skilled in modeling company core values and fostering a collaborative team in a company culture of excellence.
- Excellent human relation skills demonstrating the ability to deal with Clients, Tenants, Vendors and stakeholders.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm, good attitude, trustworthiness, personal integrity and honesty
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and self-control
- Impeccable driving/criminal record check/bondable
- Excellent understanding of financial statements and accounting reports
- Computer competency in Microsoft Office, with strong proficiency on Excel and Word, as well as property management software (Appfolio, Yardi or Skyline).
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Minimum 10 years combined experience and education
- Certified Property Manager “CPM®”
- Licensed Commercial Broker with leasing and sales experience
- Manager of Commercial Property Management Department
- Business ownership experience
- Fiscal management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance.
- CPM® designation required or pending.
- Oregon Real Estate Broker’s License required or to be attained in timely manner
NOTES: Additional Salary Information: Varies depending on level of experience. CPM® designation required for this position.
About Compass Commercial Real Estate Services
Central Oregon’s premier commercial real-estate firm. We offer brokerage, asset and property management, business sales and acquisitions and construction services from a team of dedicated and experienced professionals.