The Accountant will provide financial and accounting support for a portfolio of properties, including auditing and closing books, preparing statements and establishing and maintaining accurate records. The Accountant will report to the Controller and will be asked to support all team members within the company, including the CFO, General Counsel, Controller, and Director of Investments, on an as-needed basis and with all aspects of the company’s business.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Prepare and distribute monthly and quarterly financial statements and required schedules.
- Review and process invoices.
- Reconcile monthly balance sheet accounts; prepare variance analyses on a monthly basis.
- Review special billings, property tax and insurance billings, for coding and accuracy and ensure they have proper supporting documents.
- Review construction draw requests to ensure they have proper supporting documents.
- Coordinate with Controller to reconcile and monitor tenant accounts. Resolve questions arising from unusual variances or fluctuations in income or expenses, and provide general accounting support, as needed.
- Assist with annual budget process.
- Generate standard monthly journal entries plus any other applicable journal entries with supporting documentation.
- Assist outside auditors and handle special projects as needed.
Job Specifications / Work Experience / Skill Requirements:
- BA/BS in accounting or finance or related field
- Two to three years’ accounting experience, emphasis in real estate industry preferred.
- Construction accounting a plus
- Solid understanding of basic Accounting principles and ability to apply them to day-to-day responsibilities.
- Experience with accounting software and proficiency with MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, is required.
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through skills
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
Requires ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, listen, and speak clearly on the telephone. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend, and use hands to type data, use telephone and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifteen (15) lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
- Accounting / Control
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job