Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The primary role of the Securities Intern is to provide support to the Real Estate Global Securities Department focusing on researching global public real assets including infrastructure, natural resource, and forestry companies.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Market and industry research on the public infrastructure, natural resource, and forestry companies.
- Primary research on oil / gas companies and base metal companies with a focus on specific supply and demand for the related assets.
- Database creation of company specific asset micro-locations and associated economics.
- Company analysis and data collection.
- Assist with department-wide projects as needed.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- General investment/industry knowledge
- Excellent computer skills utilizing spreadsheet and word processing (Windows, MS Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong quantitative skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals including both internal and external contacts required.
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both verbal and written.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- College graduate degree in process – Finance or business related preferred
FLSA (US Only): Nonexempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
- Research/Market Analysis
- Alternative Investments
Less than 1 year
This job is no longer active.