Carmel Partners is a well-capitalized private real estate firm with expertise in investment and development of multi-family real estate. Our mission is to create high quality communities using innovative ideas and solutions to enhance the value of our investors, associates and residents.
We are seeking a Director of Multifamily Development (Execution) who will be involved in all aspects of the development of new multifamily rental projects.
Location: Washington, DC
Who you are
You keep a cool head while managing multiple projects and working under time and other constraints. Others consider you a strong leader, and you understand the value of developing great relationships with clients and colleagues alike. You’re a pro at communicating on and off the page, and you consider your analytical skills a key part of your success. You always drive for measurable results, and above all you demonstrate impeccable integrity and dependable judgement.
What you’ll do
You’ll be responsible for managing phases of multiple development projects, including:
- Coordinating with multiple internal and external groups to ensure the design and delivery of successful projects
- Creating and maintaining development schedule for deliverables required by construction and design team
- Coordinating the internal team: Operations, Marketing, Construction, Asset Management, IT, Accounting
- Managing project proformas - budgets, schedule, timing, market assumptions, underwriting assumptions
- Updating monthly development reports for distribution
- Running and overseeing minutes for Owner/Architect/Contractor (OAC) meetings, prior to construction start
- Participating in external consultant identification and selection
- Participating in weekly OAC meetings, after construction starts
- Coordinating branding and marketing efforts
- Coordinating permits, entitlements, and project approvals
- Project cost management - Soft Cost
- Attending work as scheduled to support the ongoing success of the company
- Other duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree required, Graduate degree in Business, Finance or Real Estate highly preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in multifamily development
- Knowledge of Type V to Type I construction projects
- Well-rounded functional background including finance, acquisitions, development, marketing, construction and management
- Proven negotiating and influencing skills
- Experience in and in-depth knowledge of targeted local markets for position
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the internet
We are an equal opportunity employer. Carmel Partners does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, religion, color, creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, disability, military status, sexual orientation, or any other consideration which violates federal, state or local laws.
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.