As a Transaction Manager within Savills Toronto, you will play a critical role in the ongoing management of real estate transaction activities on behalf of our corporate clients. Your primary responsibilities will include but not limited to; preparation, recommendation, and implementation of transaction strategies for acquiring and disposing of real estate properties. Coordination of field resources and other stakeholders in the execution of lease renewals, new site acquisitions, disposition of surplus space through subleasing, sale renewals, early lease termination, and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Oversight of commercial real estate transactions throughout North America.
- Assists with project initiation and scope definition, prioritization of assignments, and adherence to client-driven priorities, commitments, and milestones.
- Coordinates field broker selection and other required resources, subject matter experts, and business partners. If necessary, facilitate client review and approval of proposed team resources for the purpose of transaction execution.
- Develops accurate pricing, time and cost expectations with brokers, and evaluate the responses in comparison to the property s strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops and executes market strategy; including performing market analysis.
- Obtains, analyzes, and transforms market data including comparable property sales, leases, sub-leases and current listings on market into realistic forecasts and modelling
- Creates pricing memos including market reports, competitive listings, pricing, timing and cost recommendations for the location and buildings condition.
- Creates financial analysis and summary with details on current lease obligation, sublease potential income and costs, and remaining profit or loss .
- Creates and updates lists of purchasers, users and brokers.
- Monitors and maintains a real estate project tracking system to ensure timely transaction completion. Prepares reports and makes presentations to relevant parties.
- Drafts and creates a large variety of analyses and relevant documents, including but not limited to project initiation, market comparable reports, Requests for Proposals (RFPs), proposal comparison packages, letters of intent, and broker's opinions of value.
- Understands how to create, review, analyze, and interpret financial analysis templates including book and cash flow projections, NPV (net present value), and/or IRR (internal rate of return) financial analyses to enable clients to make more informed decisions.
- Works closely with Savills and/or client's Lease Administration, Project Management, Facility Management, and Finance/Accounting teams to ensure integration between the service lines.
- Collaborates with clients, brokers, and attorneys with all documents including Contract of Sale and Lease.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Real Estate Broker License or willing to obtain.
- Bachelor s degree or relevant experience.
- 5+ years transaction management, commercial real estate experience.
- Experience in negotiating a wide variety of commercial real estate products, such as, land, office, retail, and industrial space.
- Extensive knowledge of financial terms, principles, policies, and practices relating to real estate transactions.
- Advanced computer software application (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and Internet navigational skills.
QUALITIES & ATTRIBUTES:
- Positive, high-energy individual with a tendency and ability to take initiative, follow through and see tasks through to completion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and sometime unpredictable environment; works well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and thinks proactively and strategically.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of performance and professionalism.
Savills values a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. All qualified applicants, including minorities and women, are encouraged to apply.
Savills participates in the E-Verify program.
- Brokerage / Sales
- Financial Analysis
This job is no longer active.