Our public sector services team in the Washington, D.C office is currently hiring a Construction Project Manager. The Project Manager plays a significant role on the team that is dedicated to assisting federal agencies with making optimal construction decisions. The role will be responsible for providing insightful knowledge on construction related tasks to be included in lease agreements and ensuring that federal agencies’ leased space is designed and constructed in accordance with lease requirements and the tenant’s program of requirements.
- Drive the construction life cycle by partnering with stakeholders, reviewing design documents, leading meetings, negotiating cost proposals, monitoring construction progress, and performing site inspections. Coordinate project management, architectural and engineering design, construction, and move management tasks for multiple new facility and renovation projects.
- Manage a team of project managers and engage external support for more complex endeavors.
- Lead project meetings and produce meeting minutes.
- Coordinate and consolidate comments to design and construction documents.
- Evaluate tenant improvement bid proposals with detail and accuracy and lead negotiations with owner representatives and general contractors.
- Develop Price Negotiation Memorandums summarizing price negotiation agreements.
- Analyze construction work including change orders, purchase orders, and invoicing.
- Engage in value engineering to reduce overall construction costs.
- Develop project schedules in accordance with client needs and monitor design and construction progress to ensure project milestones are being met.
- Coordinate with project team members throughout the life of the project.
- Review owner payrolls and perform onsite interviews.
- Participate in onsite inspections.
- Upload files into GREX database.
- Maintain client relationships and manage conflict resolution.
- Review monthly invoices and resolve cost conflicts.
- Assist the Savills public sector services team with developing Lease Amendments.
- Oversee small business subcontractors providing post award services.
- Perform other duties/responsibilities as directed by team leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
- A minimum of 3 years construction management experience required
- HSPD-12 security clearance or ability and willingness to obtain the clearance within first 90 days of employment.
- Any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to lead negotiations and manage high level meetings and discussions.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Advanced computer skills including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Project
- GREX not required, but preferred
- Understanding of construction management, be a self-starter, critical thinker, and have a strong end user focus delivering sophisticated results.
It is Savills policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Savills participates in the E-Verify program.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.