Livingston Street Capital LLC (LSC) is seeking a high-energy, self-motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to be an Associate within our acquisitions team. The successful candidate will have a strong real estate background and skills, but most importantly is willing to learn. This is a growth position that requires someone willing to take on more responsibility, but also willing to accept accountability. This individual will get exposure to a broad array of acquisition and finance opportunities across the country and across several real estate property types. Currently LSC is on pace to do more than $200 million per annum of core level investments with its current capital and is expanding into new opportunities that will increase the pace of future acquisitions and development significantly. The successful candidate will work with the leadership team to drive all of LSC’s growth strategies.
Duties will include working closely with the acquisitions team and joint venture partners to evaluate new investment opportunities including underwriting property cash flows, performing market and demographic research, site due diligence and comparable property analyses. Additionally, the individual will be expected to prepare and present internal presentations for the investment committee. Other responsibilities may include assisting with asset management and quarterly asset valuations.
Primary areas of focus include:
- Investment underwriting, financial analysis, due diligence, market analysis, engaging with brokers, owners, local market experts, site inspections, reviewing third party due diligence reports, preparing and vetting renovation budgets and business plans
- Market, economic and demographic research to evaluate markets and the competitive set of properties for potential investments
- Preparation of verbal and written presentations to the investment committee
- Working with senior team members on business plans/strategies
- Helping to establish and grow new and existing brokerage and strategic relationships
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably with a concentration in finance, real estate, accounting, or economics
- Ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years of experience working in real estate private equity, advisory, finance or real estate development
- Strong understanding of various property types is essential
- Operational experience is a strong advantage
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with advanced Excel/ARGUS modeling skills preferred
- Understanding of real estate capital structures and debt underwriting preferred
- Ability to model joint venture and equity promote structures required
- Strong PowerPoint and MS Suite skills
- Team player who works well with others and is organized, proactive and can work in a self-directed manner
- Desires responsibility and is willing to accept accountability
- Willingness to learn and be mentored
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Position will require some travel and is based in Radnor, PA
Competitive base salary; bonus based on individual and firm performance. We also offer an attractive benefits package including Health and Dental, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K Plan, Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off benefits.
Livingston Street Capital LLC
Livingston Street Capital, LLC is an emerging boutique private equity firm with institutional capital partners focused on commercial real estate investments throughout the United States. We are based in Radnor, PA and New York City and actively make investments across three investment strategies. These strategies include: mission critical/strategic properties, healthcare properties and multifamily housing with emphasis on senior housing. Our company was founded by an executive team who have successfully led more than the $20 billion of real estate transactions throughout their careers. Most recently they have acquired more than $1.1 billion of commercial real estate throughout the United States.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.