Foulger-Pratt Companies has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated Development Associate to contribute to a dynamic team. The Development Associate will be responsible for the day to day management of pre-development activities, contract negotiations, the design process, consultant management, permitting and easement approvals, construction coordination, and project turnover to property management. The Associate will also support the Development Executive during Entitlement, Underwriting, Financing, RFP, and Marketing activities. Other responsibilities include: managing a detailed due diligence process during an acquisition, coordinating project specifications with construction and property management teams, tracking and projecting project costs, managing and reporting project schedules and budgets, and researching market demographics. The ideal candidate can multi-task across several disciplines, work independently, and proactively on multiple projects at a time. The ability to perform in a high-pressure environment is required.
• Minimum of 5+ years of Construction Management/Development Execution experience in the Commercial Real Estate industry (Multi-Family Experience is strongly preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree required. Degrees in engineering, construction management or architecture are a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, Bluebeam or Adobe, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Scheduling Software
• Master’s Degree/MBA in Commercial Real Estate/Project Management Preferred
- Business Development
5+ to 7 years