Landis is a real estate tech startup on a mission to make homeownership attainable for millions of Americans across the country. We were #16 on Built In's 50 Best Places to Work at in New York in 2021.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for a mortgage expert (and rockstar!) to join our team and help our clients achieve their homeownership goals. The role will primarily entail approving potential clients and guiding and monitoring where clients are on their mortgage journey while helping them move forward. You will also help us grow the team and put in place processes and efficiencies to scale our operations.
- Communicating with clients to guide them through the application process and to gather required documentation
- Educating customers on what it takes to buy a home and partnering with them to make it happen
- Analyzing applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans
- Staying up to date on changes in market conditions that affect the clients’ many loan products
- Answering inquiries, offer assistance, be creative, and identify client needs and objectives
- Be the primary contact for our clients throughout their Landis Process including via telephone, email, and text
- Coaching and guiding clients to become their trusted advisor
- Provide clear direction for a path towards homeownership by working with our clients to improve their financial management
- Determining readiness for homeownership based on the Landis Homeownership qualification criteria
- Taking a consultative approach in helping customers overcome issues and achieve their goals
- Providing the best customer experience possible, which in turn will help you convert potential customers to Better customers
Help Us Grow
- Brainstorming creative ways to scale the company and improve our processes and technology
- Driving new initiatives to help improve our customer experience
- Having fun while learning in a dynamic environment!
- Passionate about our mission to change homeownership in America
- Self-starter with the discipline, dedication, and motivation to work hard in a start-up environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Pride in quality, precision, and productivity
- Excited to work closely with your co-workers!
Experience and Education:
- Minimum two years of mortgage experience (processing/underwriting), extremely familiar with mortgage requirements (including FHA, VA, USDA)
- Ability to carry out requisite loan calculations (DTI, LTV, etc.)
- Creative problem solving to assist clients towards mortgage eligibility and approval
- You can read and understand credit reports and applications in your sleep
- Extremely comfortable speaking to customers on the phone, by text and by email
- Outstanding communication and teamwork skills
- Impeccable organizational skills, tech-savvy
- Experience in a sales or customer service role preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Fluent in English (Spanish speaking would be a plus)
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in New York once safe to re-open the office.
Even if you don’t meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply!
About Landis: We help renters transition to homeownership. We created an algorithm that tells anyone what they need to do to get a mortgage and buy a home. We also allow our clients to select their dream home, rent it and purchase it back from us when they’re mortgage-ready. We are proud to pursue our social mission of allowing more Americans to own their home.
Landis is an equal opportunity employer (EEO). In keeping with the standards of Landis, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height, weight or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations, we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
- Advisory Services/Consulting
Apply for this job