Newport Real Estate Partners (“NREP”) is the real estate private equity arm of Newport Private Group. NREP focuses on value-add and opportunistic real estate strategies through equity and debt investments where complexity, underwriting expertise and hands on asset management provide the opportunity to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns for investors.
Newport Real Estate Partners is founded by seasoned real estate operators and investment professionals with extensive experience in real estate development and operations, project and investment management, as well as real estate private equity. NREP’s team structure reflects our belief that successful real estate investing across cycles requires a local market presence, granular asset level knowledge and expertise in operating as well as underwriting.
This position offers the candidate the opportunity to work directly with the Chief Executive Officer of NREP’s debt funds. Working closely with the CEO, you will be exposed to our diverse network of businesses, partners, and investors, and will have the opportunity to grow and diversify along with our businesses. The successful candidate will be a strategic partner to the CEO, able to generate and manage the rapid growth of our lending platform with primary responsibility for the development of the business including product development, marketing, and loan origination.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute a business development plan capable of growing our existing pipeline of loan opportunities.
- Maintain reporting metric benchmarks for the commercial mortgage portfolio highlighting performance and trends.
- Manage the origination team/platform.
- Collaborate with the executive and IT teams to develop lending products, processes, and customer experiences that support our key principles of being quick, easy, and reliable to do business with.
- Complete special projects for all functional areas within the real estate debt business.
- Communicate with the Board of Directors as needed.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of real estate valuation, finance, and accounting, including property-level due diligence, real estate law and construction.
- 10+ years of real estate experience in hard money or commercial lending.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage a loan portfolio.
- Strong work ethic and highest ethical standards.
- Ability to maintain a high level of organization, quality, and attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to compose materials such as detailed reports, executive summaries, and dashboard reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are essential.
NREP is an equal opportunity employer.
- Business Development
- General Management and C-Suite
- Alternative Investments
10+ to 15 years
Apply for this job