Belay Investment Group employs a dynamic approach to investing across diverse real estate asset classes and investment structures. This is your opportunity to join a passionate and tight-knit team of professionals at an established and growing investment manager in the real estate private equity space. The Investment Analyst will have direct exposure to Belay’s programmatic venture partners, working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment as part of the investment team in our entrepreneurial and forward-thinking culture.
The Investment Analyst will work closely with other investment team members to perform financial analysis and transaction support for real estate investment acquisitions and asset management as well as underwriting and review of operating partner platforms. This position will also assist senior staff with administrative responsibilities, due diligence process management, market research and transaction closing tasks.
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter answering the following three questions. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
- What type of environment do you work and learn best in?
- Why are you interested in real estate investing?
- What do you find intriguing about Belay Investment Group as a company, based on your research?
Candidates should have:
- Ability to define problems, to collect data, to establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Demonstrated ability to interpret a variety of information including information in technical and/or mathematical form, and analyze multiple abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to interface with real estate professionals, such as brokers, lenders, leasing, property management and other service providers.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of financial modeling and cash flow analysis.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex quantitative and qualitative information.
- General understanding of real estate fundamentals and return drivers.
- Versatile and adept nature to respond to changing tasks and situations.
- High level organizational skills needed to manage multiple projects simultaneously and appropriately prioritize to completion within agreed deadlines.
- Ability to consistently produce high quality work under tight time frames.
- A mindset to view every action and decision in terms of client impact and to understand and anticipate client needs.
- Strong work ethic and solid time-management skills.
- A detail-oriented and resourceful self-starter who can work independently or in a team. environment and take initiative and accountability for their work product.
- High level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff.
- Proficiency at Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience with or interest to learn Argus, Costar and Salesforce.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience required.
- Bachelors in business, finance, real estate or similar degree required.
- Collaborate with Investment Team members to evaluate and analyze existing and potential investments or owned properties including market analysis, economic and demographic trends, absorption rates, market competition and financial modeling analysis (Argus and Excel).
- Build Excel data and spreadsheets for analysis.
- Review market reports and populate tables.
- Complete sensitivity analysis on potential real estate investments.
- Assist in completing due diligence and underwriting of potential joint venture partners both qualitatively (management team, strategy viability, execution capabilities, etc.) and quantitatively (track record analysis, projected returns breakdown, sensitivity scenarios, etc.).
- Review, outline and extract key information from real estate operator pitch books and PPMs, property asset management reports, project budgets, quarterly and annual financial reports, and cash flow templates.
- Work with the Investment Team to write in-depth investment memorandums detailing potential joint venture and real estate transactions.
- Coordinate and track due diligence efforts and manage due diligence files for specific transactions.
- Participate in internal Investment Committee meetings.
- Assist with the creation of documents for internal Investment Committee meetings.
- Work with operating partners and Investment Team members to execute and track asset management responsibilities.
- Memorialize interactions with potential operators in Salesforce (“Operator Pipeline”)
Belay Investment Group offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays, vacation, sick, birthday and volunteer time off.
Belay Investment Group, LLC is a majority woman-owned Los Angeles-based investment management firm that pursues debt and equity investment opportunities, primarily middle-market infill properties in urban/suburban transit hub markets, on behalf of its institutional investors. Belay implements its investment strategies through long-term relationships with high caliber, local operating partners and sector specialists. The firm has earned a reputation in the industry for supporting the growth and development of operators and emerging managers (including MWBE firms), beyond providing investment capital.
Apply for this job