About Slate Asset Management
Slate Asset Management is a global alternative investment platform focused on real estate. We focus on fundamentals with the objective of creating long-term value for our investors and partners. Slate’s platform has a range of investment strategies, including opportunistic, value add, core plus and debt investments. We are supported by exceptional people and flexible capital, which enable us to originate and execute on a wide range of compelling investment opportunities.
At Slate, we operate in a collaborative and close-knit work environment that provides opportunities for growth, autonomy and career progression. We value an entrepreneurial mindset, dedication and teamwork.
Visit slateam.com to learn more.
Since the start of 2020, Slate has completed over US$5.5B of transactions globally, including a $2.3B investment for a US debt platform, and has an extensive pipeline going forward. We are looking for an Analyst or Associate to come join our Real Estate Credit Team in New York City to help continue to facilitate this growth.
The Analyst or Associate will provide analytical support to the Real Estate Credit Team and work directly with Slate’s senior leadership in sourcing, executing, and evaluating transaction opportunities, playing a key role in all stages of the deal process. This individual will work on a deal team and be responsible for transaction diligence, financial modelling and underwriting, interfacing with key counterparties (borrowers, brokers etc.) and the preparation and presentation of investment committee materials, as well as other special projects as needed. The Analyst or Associate will evaluate single asset, portfolio, and platform acquisitions across a variety of asset classes and have the opportunity to directly contribute to Slate’s continued growth.
Qualifications and Experience
- 1-5 years of relevant experience working in investment banking, private equity, real estate brokerage, or another relevant industry;
- Completed undergraduate degree in real estate, business, finance, or a related field;
- Excellent analytical skills and a high attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work in a dynamic, creative and entrepreneurial environment;
- Self-motivated team player with exceptional work ethic; and
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); Experience in Argus Enterprise is preferred.
The expected base salary for this New York, New York, United States-based position is $100,000 to $120,000. In addition, you may be eligible for a discretionary bonus if you are an active employee as of fiscal year-end.
Application Process & Timeline
Please submit your application via SelectLeaders. All candidates who are selected for preliminary interviews will be contacted regarding next steps.
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job