Serac Capital Partners is looking for an Experienced Development Manager to join its team. At Serac, Development Management is a hands-on job that includes performance or oversight of multiple functions including finance, legal, civil engineering, architectural design, construction, and leasing. A Development Manager is expected to actively engage with tenants, third-party service providers, lenders, and investors. Each member of the Serac Capital team participates in the long-term incentive compensation plan that is based on the performance of each development.
A Development Manager at Serac touches every aspect of a development and is expected to be an expert in finance, proficient in development, and competent in the construction process. This is not a construction manager position. Intellectual curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit are a must to be part of our team.
Serac has multiple development projects underway, ranging from design to construction, in three states. The selected candidate must be prepared to hit the ground running.
Serac operates in 15 Sunbelt markets and acquires and develops properties in four asset classes: office, retail, industrial, and multifamily. Experience in all four asset classes is not required.
Serac will pay relocation costs.
- Oversee all aspects of the design, development, and construction processes for assigned development projects.
- Execute Development Project Plans. Development Managers drive a project forward by understanding what needs to be done, meeting/strategizing with contractors and third-party service providers and knowing when to call an audible to find a better way forward. Be prepared to get your hands dirty.
- Build and maintain dynamic Excel financial models for projects including XIRR waterfalls, detailed budgets, and complex financing assumptions.
- Establish, maintain, and expand relationships with existing and prospective third-party service providers and municipalities. Municipality relationship building is shared with our third-party service providers, not outsourced to them.
- Make decisions and be coachable. Development Managers must make decisions to get things done and learn from the experience of Serac’s senior management team.
- Know assigned projects inside and out: prepare project schedules, budgets, track spent to date against budget, prepare draw packages, manage third-party contracts, and keep projects on track.
- Prepare Quarterly reporting packages for investors and lenders and address investor and lender questions.
- Prepare monthly draw packages.
- If something relates to an assigned project, the Development Manager is responsible for it. The Development Manager is part of the team and is supported by the team. Serac wins and loses as a team.
- Required: Seven plus years of Development Management experience. Non-compliant résumés WILL NOT be considered.
- Required: Undergraduate degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, Engineering, or Construction.
- Required: Strong knowledge of Excel.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in concise and timely manner.
- Spanish/English speaking is a strong plus.
- Advanced degree and/or professional designation is a plus.
Mission Statement: Serac Capital Partners is a data driven real estate investment management firm that creates exceptional values for its investors, clients, and communities. We hire intellectually curious and creative people, provide a fun but professional work environment, and give back by volunteering quarterly and by donating at least 5% of our profits, before bonuses, annually. If this sounds like you, apply. And yes, we volunteer every quarter, so bring your work clothes. We tend to get dirty.
This job is no longer active.