Analyst/Associate – Asset Management and Acquisitions
Coretrust Capital Partners, LLC (“Coretrust”) is a vertically integrated investment manager focused on the acquisition, re-positioning and operation of large office properties nationwide. Coretrust was founded in 2014 as a successor firm to Thomas Properties Group, Inc. (NYSE: TPGI). The firm provides fiduciary investment management services to institutional clients.
Coretrust and its predecessor have developed, owned and operated over 38 million square feet of office and mixed-use properties located in Philadelphia, Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and Northern Virginia. Coretrust currently owns and operates 2 million square feet and is focused in taking advantage of the capital disequilibrium in the real estate capital markets that disproportionally affect office properties located in our national target regions of the West Coast, Southwest and Mid Atlantic.
The Analyst/Associate – Asset Management and Acquisitions will be involved in various analytical activities in support of the company’s investment management objectives, including asset management, portfolio management, investor and asset-level reporting, acquisitions, dispositions and capital markets transactions. The successful candidate will assist Coretrust executives in their effort to drive property performance throughout each asset’s hold period as well as tracking and underwriting potential acquisition opportunities.
Coretrust is looking for dynamic people to grow with the company.
- Assist the formulation of the Strategic Plan for each asset, including market positioning and leasing strategies, capital improvement programs, budgetary review and approval, operations oversight, appraisal activity, hold/sell analysis and client reporting.
- Assist in the formulation of the Annual Business Plan for each portfolio asset, including operating budgets and leasing guidelines and forecasts.
- Contribute to underwriting potential acquisitions, reviewing financing alternatives and participating in due diligence activities.
- Track new opportunities in the market and assist in the production of market-level investor reports.
- Assist with evaluating and resolving operational and leasing issues.
- Contribute to asset management functions including budget and financial statement review, capital recommendations.
- Maintain Argus and Excel valuation models for each asset and assist with portfolio-level modeling and returns analysis on a quarterly basis, as well as property-level partner and lender compliance activities.
- Continuously investigate and gather information on market and product trends that will maintain and enhance the Company’s strategic and competitive advantages.
- Participate in the Company’s Investment Committee processes.
- Bachelor's degree required with a concentration in real estate, finance, business, or accounting preferred
- 2+ years of professional experience working within an investment bank, institutional real estate fund, accounting, or an institutionally backed owner/operator
- Outstanding proficiency in creating complex financial models for real estate financial analysis using Excel, including knowledge of advanced Excel functions and ability to create joint venture waterfalls
- Argus proficiency
- Strong analytical, quantitative, organization and communication skills
- Demonstrable understanding of financial statements, use of comparative data and financial forecasting is required
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Accuracy and attention to detail is critical
- Willing to question assumptions, demonstrated passion for continuing education, and has a strong interest in the built environment
LOCATION: Downtown Los Angeles, CA
444 S. Flower Street, Suite 600
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job