TWC’s Investment Management platform oversees commingled, private real estate investment funds with strategies ranging from core, value-add, to credit investments, focused on institutional multifamily asset class. The Fund Portfolio Management team plays an integral role in the firm’s portfolio initiatives and strategic investment decisions through fund portfolio monitoring, performance reporting, and financial analyses / insights delivery.
The ideal Portfolio Management Analyst will be detailed-oriented and analytical with advanced Excel modeling skills. The Analyst should also have the ability to excel in fast-paced and dynamic environment, efficiently allocate time between multiple tasks, changing priorities, and tight deadlines.
- Coordinate the quarterly collection, validation, and monitoring of key portfolio metrics for stabilized and in-process development multifamily investments (i.e., operating, development, investment performance and valuation statistics, etc.).
- Assist in the preparation of periodic portfolio management reports to senior management and help drive portfolio strategic initiatives and maximize portfolio performance.
- Maintain complex real estate fund models for portfolio risk / return forecast, return attribution analyses, and alternative scenario evaluation.
- Update investment models (full life cycle through disposition) and model alternative scenarios (i.e., hold, sell, refinance, capital expenditures, etc.).
- Update quarterly investment valuation by compiling valuation inputs, updating valuation models, and preparing valuation metric summaries.
- Coordinate annual asset appraisal process and appraisal review.
- Provide support to the Investor Relations team in their preparation of quarterly / annual fund investor reports and fund marketing / investor meeting materials.
- Assist Fund Accounting to manage fund liquidity position to meet the portfolio’s near-term cash needs.
- Support Portfolio Manager with monitoring fund financial metrics to ensure financial covenant compliance.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize relevant macroeconomic, capital markets, real estate market research.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence to enhance portfolio monitoring, reporting processes, risk identification by improving and automating financial model, data analyses, and reporting tools.
- Strong academic background with high GPA - undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or related field preferred
2-4 years of experience in related fields is required:
- Real estate / development underwriting, valuation, and asset management fields preferred (multifamily asset class in particular); or
- Investment management (i.e., real estate portfolio management, private real estate fund management, etc.); or
- Financial professional services (i.e., investment banking, Big 4 consulting, public accounting, etc.).
- Familiarity with real estate investment, development, valuation and finance concepts is required. Accounting coursework / background a plus.
- Advanced, proven understanding of Excel, strong understanding of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong writing skills a plus.
- Understanding of data visualization tools such as Microsoft PowerBI or Tableau a plus.
- Current enrollment, or willingness to enroll in CFA and CAIA program preferred.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with competing deadlines and changing priorities.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
- Portfolio Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job