At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is currently seeking a Corporate Real Estate PM Governance, whose initial focus will be on managing the project pipeline for retail branches. He/she will establish and enforce CRE project management and construction policies and guidelines, as well as manage pipeline reporting, planning, and resource allocation, in collaboration with the Director of Project Planning & Implementation and portfolio management teams. Additional responsibilities include:
- Promotes and enforces a consistent process for scope, schedule, and budget development;
- Promotes and enforces the consistent use of tools, templates, and documents;
- Promotes and enforces the consistent use of alliance partners;
- Develops standard project costs;
- Establishes design and performance spec standards;
- Reviews and supports the development of onboarding tools and training;
- Promotes and disseminates new learnings, potential pitfalls, value engineering ideas, etc.;
- Educates CRE, with regards to industry trends, market conditions, and policy changes; and
- Establishes metrics, review reporting, and drive data accuracy.
- Reviews and approves prefunding requests;
- Reviews and approves requests for service provider resources;
- Reviews and approves project budgets prior to presentation to customers (business lines);
- Reviews and approves project budgets prior to presentation to CRE or Finance for approval;
- Reviews and approves bid levelling and choice of GC; and
- Supports the negotiation of, and executes all, GC contracts.
- Holds internal CRE, service providers, and customers accountable to the design and performance specs standards;
- Holds service providers accountable to the spirit (and letter) of the contract;
- Watches out for complacency among GC, subcontractors, vendors, and service providers;
- Acts as point of escalation and settles disputes among team members;
- Represents the viewpoint of PM in all CRE and U.S. Bank settings;
- Interacts with, and negotiates on behalf of, CRE with internal U.S. Bank service providers, e.g. technology, printing, branding, signage, etc.; and
- Provides Voice of the Customer to service providers.
- Works with service provider to establish, update, and publish standard costs for various asset and project types;
- Reviews and approves all capital plan budgets;
- Reconciles project budgets and capital plan budgets; and
- Leads team to deliver within 2% of CRE’s annual capital spend target.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 10 years of experience in project management, design, and architecture, including demonstrated experience managing other project managers and working in a fast paced, high-volume environment
- Master’s degree attainment
- Extensive knowledge of commercial real estate projects, with retail experience
- Strategic perspective
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Financial analysis skills
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully operate within a cross functional team
- Proven history of creating value and delivering results that matter
JobProject Management / Analysis
Shift1st - Daytime
TravelYes, 10 % of the Time
Average Hours Per Week 40
- Portfolio Management
- Project Management
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.