Title: Director, Originations
Manhattan-based, privately-held real estate investment firm focused on distressed debt and special situations is seeking a motivated Director.
Primary duties include sourcing transactions and identifying investment opportunities with banks, lenders, and sponsors.
Responsibilities to include:
- Sourcing new transactions through consistent outreach (emails, leads, and potential cold-calling);
- Identifying potential opportunities within CRE capital markets;
- Working closely with the Director and Senior Management to assist on transactions;
- Interface with counterparties, legal counsel, and third parties as needed;
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong network of contacts among financial and real estate professionals;
- Experience originating, structuring and closing CRE transactions;
- Experience across asset classes and property types;
- Advanced excel and financial modeling skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain relationships both internally and externally;
- Ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team.
- 2-5 years of experience in a real estate-related role, preferably for a commercial bank, bridge finance firm, brokerage firm, or investment firm;
- Self-motivated, team player who has strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment;
- Bachelor’s degree required with excellent academic record.
- Market competitive salary and performance-driven incentives
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job