Tryline Capital is seeking an Associate to work on real estate asset management, with a focus on monitoring, financial analysis, reporting on operating and capital improvement programs, and helping oversee the strategic direction of properties. Seeking someone interested in joining a growing, entrepreneurial team with significant opportunities for responsibility, leadership and personal growth.
Job responsibilities include
- Monitor and evaluate property operating performance and capital improvements relative to business plan to help ensure performance and investment objectives are met
- Identify operational problems that could impact investment performance and recommend corrective measures to senior management
- Manage relationships with periodic update calls, property site visit and analytical decision making
- Create presentations summarizing property and portfolio status
- Help oversee third party property managers, leasing agents, contractors, vendors, and property-level employees and assist with on-site management of these parties
- Collaborate with joint venture partners to drive operating performance and property valuation
- Maintain financial models for investments and properties
- Assist in the preparation of property budgets, variance analysis and reforecasts
- Assist in the creation of annual business plans for properties and the portfolio
- Assist in performing refinancing analysis, valuations and other ad hoc requirements
- Help with underwriting new investment opportunities
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual lender and investor reports and presentations
- Assist in interactions with lenders and investors
- Develop a working knowledge of leases, loan documents, partnership agreements and other agreements to assist with general responsibilities
Required skills and experience
- Candidates should have 2 - 4 years prior work experience in real estate asset management or property management
- Proficient in Microsoft excel, word and powerpoint
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, as well as efficiently multitask
- Position is based in New York City, but candidate will have the ability to partially work from home or from Tryline's Long Island office if desired. Travel to meetings and being on-site at properties is expected ~25% of the time
- Compensation will consist of a salary of $80K - $95K plus a discretionary bonus based on individual and Company performance
- Benefits include 401K with employer match, health insurance (medical, vision and dental), life and AD&D insurance, and disability insurance
Tryline Capital is a New York based real estate investment firm focused on value-
add and development multifamily and mixed-use properties in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern US. It is a real estate investment arm of a large US-based family office. Tryline's portfolio consists of joint venture and wholly owned equity investments in multifamily and mixed-use properties. Tryline currently owns over 1,000 apartment units and is actively growing its portfolio.
Disclaimer: Above is an outline of this position only. It is not comprehensive, and it is subject to change at any time. We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to pregnancy), physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status, genetic information, medical condition, natural hairstyle or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal laws.
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.