Dalan Management is a vertically integrated private real estate equity and debt investment firm comprised of a residential and commercial portfolio of over $3 billion in AUM with best in class and highly capitalized partners and investors.
Dalan Management is looking to hire an Associate, Asset Management, who will be responsible for oversight of over 600 residential units / 60 retail spaces, current partner, and investor relationships. The ideal candidate has a high attention to detail, is well organized, and possesses the ability to communicate with teams within the company and externally to partners, investors, and lenders. The position will directly report to the Head of Asset Management. This position will be located in New York City.
- Create monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting for investors, partners, and lenders. Perform variance analysis to review ongoing and future performance. Prepare monthly and quarterly distribution reports.
- Actively monitor and evaluate ongoing performance of assets through assessment of financials, cash positions, KPI’s and market trends to enhance asset value.
- Participate in refinances, recapitalizations, acquisitions, and dispositions of assets. Assist the acquisitions team in due diligence efforts.
- Oversee all existing commercial tenant relationships and commercial leasing activities. Communicate with brokers, counsel, partners, existing tenants and potential future tenants. Negotiate LOI’s, analyze potential deals on a quantitative and qualitative basis, oversee entire transaction process. Work with Construction and Property Management teams in landlord requirements.
- Lead budgeting process. Create templates and coordinate with Property Management, Construction, Leasing, and Accounting teams on execution of budgets. Review and analyze outputs. Create presentations and execute communication with partners and lenders.
- Become knowledgeable of all loan details. Understand all deadlines and maintain compliance with lenders.
- Maintain relationships with partners, investors, and lenders. Lead weekly, monthly, and quarterly calls. Actively communicate with outside parties including counsel, consultants, expeditors, property managers, etc.
- Take ownership in identifying value-add opportunities and strategies throughout the assets. Work closely with the Property Management team to implement portfolio strategy.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 1-4 years of real estate experience with a New York City real estate owner/developer/investor/manager
- Understanding of real estate fundamentals, financing principles, and capital structures
- Experience in rent stabilization and rent control
- Capable of multi-tasking; balancing multiple objectives and/or competing priorities
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to conduct high level problem solving
- Ability to understand, analyze, and diagnose financial statements and run financial analyses
- Strong Excel skills and experience with property management systems (Yardi)
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
Dalan Management is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Compensation Range: $110,000 - $140,000.
This job is no longer active.